In year 2007, responding to the need of the hour, ACC management had decided to step forward and contribute towards the National effort to fight scourge of HIV/AIDS in the country.
In this regard the Company consulted the Confederation of Indian Industry (CII) and established ACC Ayushmaan Trust to spearhead the initiative.
Subsequently a MoU was signed with National AIDS Control Organisation (NACO) to set up an Anti Retroviral Treatment (ART) and Voluntary Counseling Centre at ACC Wadi Cement Manufacturing Unit that is world’s largest of its kind in the World. With this, ACC became the first private sector company in India to commission an ART centre. The Wadi cen¬tre is part of NACO’s 453 ART centre network across the nation which acts as the first line of defense in prevention of the HIV epi¬demic. The facility provides outreach and treatment to Persons Living with HIV/AIDS (PLHA).
Later on with the decline in the disease affected cases, to increase its reach, ACC Ayushmaan Trust broadened its byelaws to include other health and developmental activities.
Today the comprehensive package of ser¬vices by ACC Ayushmaan Trust includes the following:
- Anti Retroviral Treatment and Counseling
- Counselling on Health & Nutrition
- HIV/AIDS Awareness For Truckers
- Taking HIV/AIDS Awareness to the Doorstep
- Catching Them Young : HIV Awareness to School Children
- Giving HIV Impacted Children a Level Playing Field
- Everyone has a Right to Livelihood
- Employment Linked Skills Development